Blast ‘due to malfunctioning of Hamam pipes’ in Shopian Masjid, 2 brothers Injured

Representational Image

Two brothers were among three persons injured in a blast due to “malfunctioning of Hamam pipes” in a Masjid at Chowgam village in this south Kashmir’s district on Sunday afternoon.

Local Sources told massive blast was heard in Masjid and three persons, two of them brothers, were injured.

Sources identified the two brothers as Muhammad Yousuf Dar (58) and Mohammad Yaseen Dar (55) sons of Abdul Gani Dar of chogam. They suffered injuries in head, face and both hands and feet. The identity of the third injured person could not be immediately established.

The injured were shifted to local hospital from where two brothers were referred to SMHS for advanced treatment.

Fire Service Department and police team reached the spot and are bringing the situation under control, they said.

SSP Shopian confirmed that the blast took place due to malfunction of Hamam pipes in Masjid. He said two people were got injured in the incident and they have been hospitalized.