Representational image

Poonch, July 9: A girl student died and two others were injured due to electrocution after a wire fell on them in a seminary in Poonch district on Tuesday.

Official sources told that the incident happened in a Madrassa namely Darul Sunnat Manad Bhainch and affected 13 girls. While one of them died and two others were injured, condition of the remaining ten girls is stated to be normal.

Soon after the incident, the injured girls were shifted to District Hospital Poonch where a girl namely Maryam Kouser daughter of Mohammad Javed of Khanetar was declared brought dead. CMO Poonch Dr Zulfikar Choudhary confirmed it.

Meanwhile, a police officer told that a police party was rushed to the spot. “In this regard a case (FIR) has been registered and investigation taken up.”(GNS)